Hilltop Obstetrics & Gynecology Frequently Asked Questions
As part of our goal to assist and promote healthy living, we’d like to share some of our most frequently asked questions. Please note that if you are experiencing pain or bleeding, it is best to seek care with your physician. Below is a general guide and should not be used as a substitute for medical care.
- Try to eat a piece of bread or a cracker before you get out of bed in the morning or when you feel nauseated
- Avoid sudden movements. When rising each day, get out of bed slowly.
- Eat a light snack (such as yogurt, cottage cheese, juice or milk) before you go to bed or just after you get up. These are also good items to eat if you get hungry during the night.
- Eat several light meals each day so that your stomach does not remain empty for very long. This includes fresh fruits and vegetables, cheeses, and soups and other liquids.
- Avoid greasy or fried foods (hard to digest). Spicy or heavily seasoned foods can also lead to an upset stomach.
Other suggestions to help reduce morning sickness include:
- rest whenever you need to with your feet up and head slightly elevated
- Sip carbonated beverages or water slowly when you begin to feel nauseated
- Fresh air often helps lessen nausea
- Eat saltines & bananas
- Drink spearmint or peppermint tea
All of the physicians at Hilltop strive in keeping up with the latest technologies and procedures in the field. We are proud to be leaders in the daVinci surgery for hysterectomies and also for performing in-office procedures formally done in the operating room. (Thermoablations of the uterus and incision-free permanent sterilization). I evaluate your specific problem and will guide you in making the decision for your best treatment option. All of our physicians take your problems and concerns seriously and want to improve the quality of your life. Call us today to discuss your concerns with any one of our experienced physicians.Dr. Reina